Holidays are a great excuse to be sentimental, and perhaps the most sentimental of them all is Valentine’s Day. Love and other sentiments are expressed with flowers, candy, cards and a myriad of other offerings.
This Valentine’s Day, why not make the gifts for your loved ones extra special by adding a vintage touch? While some might disagree with me, I really do think it is the thought that counts when it comes to gift-giving. Vintage gifts show that you took time and bought something unique and very personal. They are also inexpensive and easy—and can be found at just about any flea market.
Here are 10 quick suggestions to make this February 14th a Very Vintage Valentine’s Day:
1) Put those red roses in a vintage vase
2) Find a special Vintage Valentine for your Sweetheart.
3) Give old fashioned kids cards to your friends like we used to do in school.
4) Deliver your sweet treats on a vintage glass cake stand.
5) Give candy in vintage boxes
6) Give a piece of vintage jewelry
For her….costume jewelry or a special vintage ring–or give her the new ring in a vintage box
For him…vintage cufflinks
7) Frame a photo in a vintage frame
8) Send an old fashioned telegram
9) Make a construction paper card and write a poem
10) Put away your smart phones and have a candlelit dinner at home with vintage china, vintage candleholders and a vintage inspired menu.